Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pinewood Derby Cars - March 2012 - Cub Scout Neckerchief Slide




This month for Roundtable, we are talking about all kinds of derbies.  Space Derbies, Pinewood Derbies, Raingutter Regatta's, Paper Rockets, Soap Derbies, Cubannapolis, 2 Liter Bottle launchers, Film Canister rockets... 

This month at Roundtable, we will be making two different kinds of cub scout neckerchief slides.  These are pinewood derby cars made out of moulding.  I went to Home Depot, and bought a 7 foot long piece of moulding for about $4.  I cut it into sections (I got about 75 cars out of the 7 foot long section), and spray painted the sections.


At Walmart, I bought two different sizes of thumbtacks (one in the office section, and one in the fabric section), but they were silver, so I spray painted them black.


I looked online, and found some logos I thought would be fun and printed them up on 1/2 inch x 1 3/4 inch white labels (80 per page).  It ended up making LOTS, but that is good because there will be plenty of labels to choose from as they make their cars tonight at Roundtable.  I was able to put 2 - 3 logos per label - that made them super small, and then I decorated the cars with the labels, and put the thumbtack wheels on, put on a PVC pipe slider back with a glue gun, and added a little glitter glue for headlights and tail lights.  This turned out to be a really cheap way to make lots of neckerchief slides.





Click here to find more ideas for Pinewood Derbies...













 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment