Monday, October 7, 2013

Core Value: Responsibility- Ideas for Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Den - including skit, game,song, Gospel Principle and Scripture


Core Value:Responsibility
Skit, Joke, Run-on:

LOST MONEY
Cast: Several Cub Scouts
Setting: 1st Cub is circling around and looking down at the ground.
2nd Cub: What are you doing?
1st Cub: I dropped my money and I'm looking for it.
2nd Cub: Well, I'll help you look
(Other Cubs come up one at a time and ask
1st Cub what he is doing. He tells them he lost his money and they agree to help look. Use as many boys as you would like.)
Last Cub: What are you doing?
1st Cub: I'm looking for the money I lost.
Last Cub: Where did you lose it?
1st Cub: Down the street by those houses.
Last Cub: Then why are you looking for it here?
1st Cub: Because this is where the street light is.
UNPC 2010-2011 Pow Wow Book  page 137


Game: 
Responsibility Word Search:  See Utah National Parks Council Pow Wow Book 2012-2013 page 350.



Song:
You Can Count on Me
 (Tune: Row, Row, Row Your Boat)
You can always count on me
I’ll do just what I say
What I SAY is what I DO,
Each and every day!
When I have a chore,
I’ll see that it is DONE,
Do my best in every way,
And try to make it FUN!
I’ll bring my homework home each day,
And work to do my best,
Before I watch TV or play,
I’ll prepare for every test.
And when a scouting project calls,
I’ll be prepared to work
I’ll do my part – and cheerfully,
And I will never shirk!
Repeat First Verse
Baloo’s Bugel (August 2013)

Responsibility: Accept the consequences of our actions
Wolf Achievement 9a
Webelos Handyman Activity Badge – Requirement 1
Gospel Principle:
To transgress means to break a law or a rule. When we do something wrong, we transgress. When Adam and Eve lived in the Garden of Eden, Heavenly Father commanded them to not eat fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan and ate the fruit. Heavenly Father cast Adam and Eve out of the garden because they transgressed. All of Heavenly Father’s children are given the agency to choose right or wrong. He has promised us blessings
when we choose the right. Heavenly Father wants us to return to live with Him again. If we make bad choices, we need to repent and do better. We are responsible for our own actions.





Scripture: Article of Faith 2
We believe that man will be punished for their own sins and not for Adam’s transgression.









No comments:

Post a Comment